with blueberry jus and charred eggplant puree
- 220 g Wagyu eye rump side steak
- 1 tbsp coffee, dark roast, freshly ground
- 1 tsp salt, Kosher, or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1½ tsp teaspoon pepper, black ground, freshly ground
Charred eggplant puree (Makes enough puree for 4 serves)
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Combine ground coffee, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper; gently press onto beef. Cook to required degree of doneness.
- To make the blueberry jus, combine beef stock with berries and reduce to a jus. Remove berries to serve.
- Charred eggplant puree (Makes enough puree for 4 serves)
- Place the washed eggplant directly on a high flame and scorch the surface. This will take
- between 8 –15 minutes. Remove the stalk.
- Puree eggplants in a blender. Once mixture is removed from the blender, stir through olive oil. Season.
- Plate meat with charred eggplant pour over blueberry jus.