- 2 large (about 600g) waxy potatoes (such as sebago)
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream, to serve
Chilli corn salsa
- 310g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs pickled jalapeno chillies, chopped
- 2 tbs coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbs each of olive oil and lime juice
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes and onion. Wrap in a clean cloth and squeeze out the excess liquid. Place in a bowl with egg, flour, parsley, salt and pepper, and toss well. Divide into 8 even portions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Spoon 4 of the potato portions into the frypan, flattening with the back of the spoon as you go. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Keep warm while you repeat with the remaining oil and potato mixture.
- For the chilli corn salsa, place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Top hash browns with salsa and sour cream, scatter with coriander and serve.