In following the theme of my previous articles on Specialty Beverages, I have decided to look at the versatility of the DaVinci Gourmet product offering in your business … specifically, the DaVinci Gourmet Coffee Shots.
As mentioned in previous articles, a venture into the specialty beverage business will undoubtedly require an additional investment of money and time, so operators are advised to discuss with us which specialty beverages are a good fit.
Some companies will advise that a separate machine is required for each flavour or style of beverage offered. However, through our expertise we have come up with a specialty beverage product which allows for operators to offer multiple on-trend beverages with minimal additional outlay on product.
This product is the DaVinci Gourmet Coffee Shots.
The DaVinci Gourmet Coffee Shots are a quality product made from 100 per cent Arabica coffee beans that have been roasted, ground and processed into a concentrated liquid and packaged into pump bottles.
They come in four flavours, with Caramel, Vanilla and Hazelnut being the top sellers, with the addition of a straight Espresso with no added flavouring.
The patented process used by DaVinci delivers the best of the bean.
Just like careful brewing, the process used also captures the major aroma and texture of the bean.
Coffee Shots enables even untrained staff to make quality flavoured blended drinks and iced coffee with minimal fuss and virtually no preparation. The DaVinci Coffee Shots can be used to create iced coffees, iced frappes, milkshakes and can also be used to enhance baked products and even sausages on your BBQ.
The DaVinci Coffee Shots deliver perfect cost control, operational ease and consistency, through portion controlled pumps, have no issues with flavour change from oxidization or stalling, and you can make genuine “coffee claims” for what you’re serving, because you are using a product made from real coffee.
As an example, the Iced Coffee is a product which can be made very simply and very quickly. It meets the current Cold Drip upsurge, without the poor shelf life.
Throughout my recent articles I have discussed: “What Specialty Beverage is” to give us direction; we have looked into “Menu Development” to avoid operational issues associated with serving drinks in this range; and have offered up some basic recipes to allow you to meet the previously mentioned guidelines, as well as to meet your customers’ expectations. This overview has again shown that Specialty Beverages are not time-consuming to prepare. They are able to be made at a cost of less than 25% of the sell price and can be on-trend, simple and indulgent.
1. Hazelnut Iced Coffee
Iced Coffee is a product which can be made very simply and very quickly. It meets the current Cold Drip upsurge, without the poor shelf life.
1/2 Cup Ice
200 ml Milk
7.5 ml DaVinci Gourmet
Hazelnut Coffee Shots
1. Half fill the appropriate serving cup with ice.
2. Float the ice with milk and pour the contents into a cocktail shaker.
3. Apply 1 pump (7.5 ml) of the DaVinci Gourmet Hazelnut Coffee Shots to the cocktail shaker.
4. Fasten the lid & shake the beverage to mix ingredients.
5. Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into a beverage glass and serve immediately.
2. Mocha Frappe
A twist on Iced Coffee is the Mocha Frappe. This is a product which is currently on trend and is a simple but indulgent treat.
1 cup Ice
120 ml Cold Water, Milk or Soy
30 ml DaVinci Gourmet Chocolate Sauce
15 ml DaVinci Gourmet Coffee Shots
30 ml DaVinci Liquid Frappease
1. Fill the appropriate serving cup with ice.
2. Float the ice with requested liquid additive and add contents to the blender.
3. Apply 1 pump (30 ml) of the DaVinci Gourmet Chocolate Sauce to the blender.
4. Apply 1 pump (15 ml) of the DaVinci Gourmet Coffee Shot Syrup to the blender.
5. Apply 1 pump (30 ml) of the DaVinci Gourmet Frappe Choice Syrup to the blender.
6. Fasten the lid and blend for 30 seconds on high.
7. Empty the contents of the blender jug into a beverage glass and serve immediately.
3. Vanilla Crème Milkshake
For the big kid in us, there is the good old Milkshake. The DaVinci Coffee Shots are also a great addition to this.
1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
120 ml Milk
15 ml DaVinci Gourmet Vanilla Coffee Shots
30 ml DaVinci Gourmet Caramel Sauce
1. Fill the appropriate milkshake blending container with ice cream and milk.
2. Apply 1 pump (30 ml) of the DaVinci Gourmet Caramel Sauce to the container.
3. Apply 2 pumps (15 ml) of the DaVinci Gourmet Vanilla Coffee Shots to the container.
4. Secure the container and blend for 30 seconds on high.
5. Empty the contents of the blender jug into a beverage glass and serve immediately.
By Brent Williams, DaVinci Gourmet